Friday, January 13, 2012

Benedryl is my friend.

Have you guys ever had an allergic reaction? Well when I was about 10 years old I found out I was allergic to ant bites and bee stings. I was playing out in the front yard and a ground bee stung me on my foot and in a matter of minutes my foot had turned into the size of a grapefruit! None of my shoes would even fit my foot! So I ended up going to the emergency room and BOOM, 11 years later I'm still carrying around benedryl and an epi-pen because of it. Thankfully, I've never had to use the epi-pen.

Yesterday, I had an allergic reaction even worse then my first one when I was 10. All of a sudden I got itchy all over and a rash started to spread, along with welts all over my legs and arms. It looked like I had some kind of skin disease! So my mom had to rush home and take me to the doctors office. They really couldn't pinpoint what I was allergic to since nothing I had eaten or touched had been out of the ordinary. They gave me a steroid shot to get rid of the rash and told me to follow up with some benedryl to help with the itching. So I went home, was knocked out because of the benedryl but I felt a lot better for the rest of the night. I woke up this morning, grabbed a clementine for breakfast and not 15 minutes later I started to get the same symptoms of the allergic reaction I had the day before. Before it could get any worse I took benedryl and was passed out for the next 3 hours. I woke up from my nap and I felt fine. Well I diagnosed myself as being allergic to the clementines I had eaten for breakfast since I had also had one the day before right before I broke out. So the day goes by, I'm feeling good and 4 hours later I'm in Publix with my mom when my arm starts to feel itchy...are you kidding me? I was thinking this can't be happening again! I hadn't touched the clementines since I had eaten one earlier this morning. So when we got home I took another benedryl to try to relieve the itching. And that's where I stand, with no idea of what I keep getting allergic to. I'm just asking that everyone say a prayer for me that we can figure this out! It would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment