Before I jump into my crazy "to-do" list before Spain I wanted to give everyone a quick update on the last post. I went through 5 days of breakouts before I finally found out what the dealio was, which to my surprise had nothing to do with being allergic to something. Long story short, I was referred to a dermatologist who diagnosed me with cholinergic urticaria. There are different types of urticaria itself, depending on how it's caused. Urticaria is summarized as reoccurring hives and my type, cholinergic, can be caused by changes in temperature, vibrations, and/or stress. Urticaria is apparently not such an uncommon thing, with many people having an outbreak at least once in their lifetime. I've been prescribed medication that I take 3 times a day and I'll have to take for the next 6-12 months (yuck!) Since being on the medication I've had not a single outbreak, which is awesome! The only thing that sucks is the medication causes drowsiness so some days I feel like I'm in a constant state of sleepiness. However, I'll get used to that the longer I take the pills. So now all things are good with that!
Now, onto Spain talk! And the countdown says....5 days people, 5 days. I haven't even started packing yet, is that a bad thing?! I've got a longggg list of things to do before I leave like making a trip to Verizon to unlock a phone so I can take it to Spain, heading over to the bank to make sure they are aware that I'll be using my card in Europe before my account gets red flagged (I promise no one is trying to steal my card and use it in Europe! haha), I have to buy a power adapter/converter, I have to buy my host mommy a gift for her home, I have to make a trip to the dreaded DMV to get a new updated license, and I have to gather up some school supplies to take along. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it all! But I have been able to cross things off my list like finally getting some new luggage! My suitcase is so big I can even fit inside it so if anyone wants to come along with me, you can fit in my suitcase! The closer the trip gets, the more excited I get. I'm so excited to meet my host mom, to see where I'll be living, to meet some new friends, and to explore my new home in Sevilla! This is going to be the experience of a lifetime and it will go by so fast so I have to make the most of my time there! And on that note, Spain, ready or not, here I come! (in 5 days that is ;))
No comments:
Post a Comment