So this past weekend I went to visit my friend Audrey in Boone, NC for the first time since we both started college 2 years ago. I'm going to admit that I felt like the WORST best friend ever for never making a trip up to visit Audrey while she was at App State. She always came to Clemson to visit me but Boone just felt so far away. But this weekend I was the BEST best friend ever and traveled to Boone. The four days I spent in North Carolina were nothing short of amazing. Spending time with my best friend + sightseeing = perfection. On Saturday I was shown around the App State campus and took a little shopping trip down King Street. On Sunday we hit the trails at Rough Ridge by hiking 2.6 miles to overlook one of the prettiest views I've ever seen. On the way down the trail I must've been a little too side-tracked by the views and took a tumble...boy did I feel like a klutz! (but that makes for a good story, right?!) On Monday we visited Cone Manor and ventured 2.5 miles up to the Flat Top Tower where you get a panoramic view of the surrounding mountains and can see for miles in every direction. It was gorgeous. I've never experienced a view so stunning in my life. In two days we managed to hike 8 miles and I've never felt more accomplished. It's such an awesome feeling to work so hard climbing up the mountain and be rewarded with such breathtaking views. God really knew what he was doing when he created earth's landscape and we get to reap the benefits of His masterpieces! I'm so thankful that I had the opportunity to spend time with Audrey while hiking and exploring! And I'll definitely be making a trip back to Boone to visit again :)
Here's some pictures from our adventures!


I just found your blog tonight and what a small world.. I go to Appalachian State! I hope you had a wonderful time on the parkway with your friend!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read more on your blog!
Ashley
www.everydayaem.blogspot.com
Thanks so much for reading my blog! I did have a great time in Boone and hope to visit again soon!
ReplyDelete