Friday, February 3, 2012

and the verdict is...

So I know I've already blogged once today but what's the harm in blogging twice?! I had to update everyone reading on some AWESOME news I got tonight...I passed my placement test and got advanced placement in all of my Spanish classes!!! It's such a relief! For those of you who don't know why I'm so excited, let me explain. Because I'm a Spanish major I have to take certain classes that go towards my major. At my university in Sevilla, in order to get the credits I need for this semester I had to place in advance Spanish. Welp, I DID IT! So now I get credit for my classes and I won't be behind! Wooohooooo! Maybe I am good at Spanish ;)

Anywho, I was talking to my mom tonight on skype and I realized that I haven't really explained my homestay on my blog yet, which I think is very important to do! So here goes...I live on a small street called Calle Infantes, which is in the Centro neighborhood in Sevilla, specifically Macarena (cue the song and dance). My house is on the first floor (thank goodness because I didn't want to carry almost 100 lbs. of luggage up a flight of stairs!). I have a host mom, whose about 60 years old, who kind of reminds me of my grandma in that she's always telling me how to be safe and she always makes sure I've had enough to eat then offers me more. Her daughter, 38 years old, and 2 sons, 24 and 20 years old, also live in the house with her. Also joining our crazy clan is my host moms granddaughter, Blanca (daughter of her oldest child), who is the cutest little 2 year old! Blanca loves to barge into our room and show off for us. She loves books and she is learning a little bit of english. She knows almost all of her colors in English and can count to 10 in English as well! She hates when we leave the house and always asks for the "chicas americanas", or the American girls. Our house only has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a small kitchen, a living/dining room, and an outdoor patio. We haven't been able to use the outdoor patio yet because Sevilla, and apparently the rest of the world, has been having unseasonably cold/hot weather and Sevilla has been very cold! I didn't think it would be this cold and I definitely packed more for spring! But I already love my host mom and I try to engage in conversation as much as I can when she's around. Today when I came back from la catedral I showed her some of my pictures and told her I was uploading them to facebook for my family and friends to see. She then tried to ask me if I had a twitter but stumbled over the word until I finally realized what she was saying and corrected her haha but she's very understanding and is always free to help with whatever we need. So far things have been going great and I can't wait to see what my classes are like when I start on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment