Saturday, February 11, 2012

Shoutouts!

This post really isn't about Spain but I just wanted to give some shoutouts!

Feliz Cumpleaños Ginny!
I want to let everyone know that my roommate Ginny celebrated her 20th birthday on February 10th! Lucky for her, we live in one of the most amazing cities in Spain and we all got to celebrate her birthday, Spaniard style! We got a bunch of our friends together and just went bar/club hopping through Sevilla! It was a blast and everyone enjoyed themselves! The funny thing about bars and clubs in Spain is that most play American music. It's so funny to walk into a bar and hear all the Spaniards seeing songs in English! Also, bars and clubs in Spain don't really start to pick up until 2-2:30 in the morning because everyone here eats dinner so late. Usually in the States I'd be calling it a night but we stayed a little longer, until it was almost hard to move around and we decided that was our cue to leave. Everyone made it home safely and we all had an awesome time getting to celebrate Ginny's birthday! Here's a few pics from the night:


My next shoutout goes to my wonderful boyfriend, Ryan!
Happy 21st birthday! Ryan celebrated his 21st birthday on February 11th in Charlotte! I should call it more of a birthday weekend because he went with his brother to Charlotte for 2 days to watch some NBA teams play while also celebrating a great birthday! The past 2 years I've been able to help celebrate Ryan's birthday but I missed out on this big occasion because I'm in Spain :( But I can't wait to get back home and take him out for a celebratory drink! I miss you Ryan but I hope you had an awesome birthday  and I can't wait to hear all about it :) Here's some pics of birthdays over the years:
freshman year! celebrating Ryan's 19th birthday!

sophomore year! celebrating my 20th birthday!

sophomore year! celebrating Ryan's 20th birthday!

junior year! celebrating my 21st birthday!

And my last shoutout goes to my roomie Sasha and her boyfriend Alex!
Tomorrow, February 12th, Sasha and Alex are getting baptized at Newspring Church! I've watched as Sasha has grown in her faith over the years and this is going to be a wonderful experience for her! Along the way her boyfriend Alex has been able to see such a change in Sasha that he too decided to accept Christ into his life and is going to be able to share in this experience with her! I couldn't see this happening to a better couple. I'm so sad that I won't be able to share in this amazing witnessing of what God has done in both of their lives but I'll be there in spirit! I'll be sending only good vibes to the both of you as you take this big step! May God bless you in whatever you decide to do! I love you guys :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment