Monday, March 12, 2012

Bucket List

This weekend I was able to cross off one of the things on my bucket list! I've always always ALWAYS wanted to be able to go horseback riding on the beach and this weekend I got that chance! There's a local program here called Discover Sevilla, which is a group of people that help plan fun and exciting trips! They offer day trips to Gibraltar, tours of the Sevilla soccer stadium, Morocco excursions, and Portugal beach trips as well. This weekend they offered a day trip to go horseback riding in El Parque Nacional de Doñana and a day spent at the beach! I absolutely love horses and I had been wanting to ride on the beach for foreverrrr. I've ridden horses before but it's been awhile since I've been on one. I was ecstatic to sign up for the trip and beyond excited when I actually arrived and got to see the horses. Once we got to the stable, the group got to pick which horse they wanted. I knew I wanted a white horse and I picked Abogado (which means lawyer in english) and couldn't have been happier! He was the sweetest and most precious horse at the stable! Or maybe I'm just being biased...but he was perfect. He listened to me the whole time and never got out of hand. After we picked our horses we followed our guide to the national park. It's a vast park that runs right into La Playa de Matalascañas, which is a beach about an hour from Sevilla, located in the city of Huelva. The group trekked through the national park until we came to a peak at the top of one of the tallest dunes in the park and my oh my the view was spectacular. On one side I could see all of the national park and on the other side I could see the beach. After getting a quick briefing of the area by our guide, we all headed back down the dune to the beach. Once we were on the beach the horses were able to roam on their own and even gallop! It was amazing. It was fun to see all the different personalities of the horses along the way. One horse loved to stop and eat the flowers every 100 feet or so and would hold up the whole line. Another horse loved to gallop and went charging down the beach like in a race! One horse didn't like to go near the water and ironically her name was Princesa (or Princess in english) and her name fit because she was a diva. But me and Abogado were perfect for each other. When we got back to the stables I made sure to share some hugs and kisses with my horsey :) But the trip as a whole was incredible and I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money again to go back and do it again. Check out these pictures from my beach adventure:
me and Abogado, the new love of my life ;)
starting the trek through the national park 
beautiful beach view from the top of the dune
oh heyyy, I'm just horseback riding...ON THE BEACH!

kisses for being such a good horse :) 

Not only have I been able to cross "horseback riding on the beach" off my bucket list but since arriving here in January, I was also able to cross "travel to Spain" off my bucket list! Ahh, life is good :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment