Friday, March 23, 2012

#studyabroadcravings

This weekend I'm taking it easy, staying in Sevilla. Last weekend I went to Lisbon, Portugal and I have travel plans next week to go to Barcelona and Málaga since I have a whole week off of school because of the Spanish holy week, Semana Santa! So there's not much to blog about but I do want to recognize some special people in this post. About a week ago my mom had informed me that I would be receiving a package from an unknown source. She wouldn't tell me who it was from and the only information I got out of her was that it was a group effort, no less than one person and no more than ten. Oh thanks mom, that helps me narrow it down! On Thursday, I came home from class during my break and noticed a note that was left by my door, one stating that a package had been delivered but no one had been home to receive it. Well that was a bummer! So today, Friday, I ventured out into the unknown (or just a part of town that I hadn't seen) looking for the post office. It was a nice walk, about 20 minutes, in beautiful weather! I was finally able to wear shorts! I made it to the post office, picked up my package, paid a hefty 22 euros (about $30, which is to be expected when receiving an international package) and then walked back to my house. The whole way home was like torture, I couldn't WAIT to tear into the package and see what was inside! And of course, I was curious to find out who the package was from! When I finally got home and opened up the package this is what I found: a huge bag of snack size Twix, a huge bag of snack size Snickers, a package of Kit Kats, 2 bags of Peanut M&M's (MY FAVORITE), 2 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies (yes please!), a jar of my favorite Peter Pan Whipped Peanut Butter, and a package of 12 snack packs of Oreos! And of course I had a silly letter written by my 3 cousins, stating that they saw a Facebook status complaining about my cravings from home and wanted to "reach out and assist a college student studying abroad who is in such dire circumstances. We hate to see such need." Hahaha! I love it all. I won't have to make any stops at the chino stores (the little corner convenient stores) for a long time! So here's the whole purpose of this post...I want to give a HUGE shoutout to my wonderful cousins Chris, Brian, and David and a HUGE thank you to them for being so kind to send me a package while I'm abroad :) It means a lot to know that you're loved and I know I've got a lot of lovin' from my family and friends at home! Thanks to everyone who has been thinking about me and praying for me while I've been in Spain! You guys are awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment