So I meant to make a blog post a little sooner but for some reason blogger was being a little finicky and decided to not let me log in! Ughh but thankfully today I was able to log in and give you guys an update :)
This weekend, Ginny and I traveled to Barcelona to watch a Barca fútbol game! For those of you who don't know, fútbol (also known as soccer in the United States) is a HUGE part of Spanish culture. Fútbol is the sport in Spain. Everyone plays fútbol, everyone watches fútbol, everyone embraces fútbol. So needless to say, when I came to Spain I knew I had to make it to a fútbol game and what better team to see play but the #1 team in Spain right now (and in my mind, always #1), FC Barcelona! When we went Barca was playing Sporting de Gijon, which I'm still not completely sure where they are from. I heard the team wasn't that great and that the game would be a breeze for Barca to win. However, a week before the Sporting game, Barca players Sergio Busquets and Lionel Messi both received 2 yellow cards and would be unable to play in the game Ginny and I were going to. This was a disappointment because Messi could be considered one of the best players in the world and we both really wanted to see him in action. And Ginny was depressed that Sergio couldn't play because he's her favorite player and her imaginary husband ;) Even though these players weren't able to play we still really enjoyed the game! The atmosphere was unreal. Even though the game wasn't a very important game, the stadium was still packed with people! Everytime Barca made a goal the whole stadium went wild! The refs must've not liked Barca that night because they were given yellow cards left and right and the ref didn't make a lot of calls for Barca. My favorite player, Gerard Piqué, even received a red card because he tried to fight the ref after the ref made a bad call against Barca. Barca ended up scoring 3 goals, which really should've been like 6 goals, compared to Sporting's 1 goal. Overall, I LOVED the game! I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go and experience a Spanish past time. I would definitely want to make it to another game in the future! Here's some pictures from the night:
creeper pics of Piqué
final score!


No comments:
Post a Comment